Honda Civic EX restoration:
Matt’s 2002 Civic EX was featured on our Mechanic’s Corner Blog last year. It was also re-posted on our Super Premium Transmission site under Honda Civic EX forgotten fun. If you haven’t already checked out that blog, feel free to. So what kind of person wants a Honda Civic EX restoration? Many people grow used to their daily drivers. trading them in or selling them is like giving up an old friend. Why not have the best of two worlds? This restored and customized vehicle has more power, better handling, better braking and show car looks.The best part is having done this Honda Civic EX restoration over a period of time afforded the customer no car payments when it was done.
To briefly sum up the work done on the Honda Civic EX restoration:
- First of all Engine tune; NGK plugs, wires, Valve cover, plug tube seals,V-Tec seals,engine seals,timing belt, accessory belts, belt tensioner, water pump,coolant system flush as well as:
- AC service.
- Power steering service.
- Secondly,Brembo brake rotors with premium ceramic pads, rear drum to Si disc conversion.
- KYB Shocks and struts.
- Motor and transmission mounts insure safety for a long time.
- Next, Stage II clutch set, new flywheel.
- AEM ram air.
- BG standard transmission fluid.Tanabe Stainless exhaust system improve performance and reliability.
- Accordingly,color matched wheels and tires.
- Custom two tone paint including extensive body repair bring this fabulous car alive.
Finally, the project was broken up into categories of safety, performance and looks. We were able to create a safe as well as good looking and reliable daily driver The time was ample to exchange ideas and implement changes to the Civic EX without giving away the complete concept. That being said Matt was very pleased with the result.
Check it out for yourself: