Methanol kits increase power:
Are you looking to squeeze an extra few horsepower out of an engine that has been properly built and boosted? Did you know that Methanol kits increase power?
Honda Civic EX forgotten fun
About a year ago a customer we’ll call Matt had a clutch problem. He noticed us on a Google search from his smart phone under import repair specialists. After a phone call he had his car towed to our shop. He said, “Honda and Acura enthusiasts don’t really like to work on and customize this model.” In a Yoda-like quip I responded,” Honda Civic EX forgotten fun.” We both laughed. This conversation would lead to a different kind of repair project.
Honda Civic supercharged
Increasing muscularity on vehicles has been an important part of our business for over 17 years. “Hot rodding” has changed and evolved since it’s humble beginnings. A few months back we completed an LS Vtec conversion on this car. The customer was extremely happy with the work. Seeking more power from his B 18 series engine the Honda Civic supercharged project was born. Personalized customization allows a person to have the ride they want while enjoying the process of creating it with us.
Bad Gasoline Repair Solutions
More than ever customers ask what is causing their vehicle to run poorly? All to often bad gasoline causes performance issues. There are many safeguards put in place to prevent problems from occurring. Since they do occur bad gasoline repair solutions is a necessary topic of discussion.
Bad gasoline costly repairs:
At Wilson Imports and Domestics we have a number of vehicles in for engine issues. Bad gasoline costly repairs. Drivability issues, misfires, poor performance and bad fuel mileage result. Some customers have reported engine issues such as stumbling, missing and revving up and down after filling up with gasoline.
Legends keep living:
Here at Wilson Imports and Domestics the Legends keep living… In 1986 Honda’s entry into the luxury sport market arrived in the form of Acura. The car took a bold avenue into the sports / luxury market. It boasted clean lines, good handling, ride and more than ample power. Their owners reported better than average reliability as well. Thus a near luxury car market was created.
Honda LS Vtec conversion:
Riding on the drafts of the Christmas high-performance spirit one of our customers came in for a Honda LS Vtec conversion. The vehicle was 1998 Honda Civic EX. Trying to prepare the vehicle for maximum performance without turbo charging presented its challenges. This type of work reminded us of all the conversions Wilson Imports performed in the recent past. This was and is the type of vehicle we especially enjoyed working on. Sparing no expense; the best parts for this application were selected. The idea behind the conversion was to make as much horsepower as possible while remaining naturally aspirated. If a turbo charger is later installed the engine would be able to hold up better.
performance upgrades gifts
In this holiday season please be generous. Give performance upgrades gifts. This week alone four customers brought in their cars for upgrades:
- We had a 1993 Acura Integra with a 1.7 liter V-tec swap. The customer wanted custom exhaust headers, racing intake manifold, fuel rail and pressure regulator. In addition to that the injectors got upgraded.
- 1998 Civic EX with an Acura Integra LS 1.8 non V-tec type engine. He opted for a NRG quick disconnect steering wheel. Skunk II performance intake manifold. Golden Eagle fuel rail and pressure regulator. NGK spark plugs and wires. We also tweaked the Acura coil springs so the vehicle would ride at the correct height.
- 1997 Honda Civic DX with a B22 swap. We upgraded the ECU to a JDM, Installed a Odyssey battery, checked and repaired wiring and adjusted the timing. The vehicle came in on a trailer from 100 miles away. Word of mouth advertising brought the customer to us.
- Also a 2005 Pontiac GTO made an appearance seeking a light weight performance flywheel. Our in house Transmission shop, “Super Premium Transmission” would bring about a clutch upgrade to an ACT performance set. Transmission bearing, seals and synchronizer kits and synthetic synchro mesh fluid would improve durability. A rear main engine oil seal (back of the engine) would get changed as well.
Good brakes-happy customer is true to our customers. Brakes as a rule are better now than ever before. Sportier and faster vehicles demand efficient stopping. Larger SUV and luxury vehicles weigh more and need beefier braking systems. Newer compact cars have more power and torque, so from a safety standpoint great brakes are crucial. From performing upgrades and restorations we have found aftermarket brands that offer superior braking. Classic cars with drum type brakes are sometimes converted to disc. This can lower the stopping distance improving vehicle safety.
Import-domestic auto repair
In 1998 Wilson Imports started as a Honda/Acura repair specialist. From the former location one mile north, Steve built a solid customer following. Many loyal patrons sent their friends. Foreign vehicle repair and service quality was and is unequaled. Import-domestic auto repair came at the result of requests from happy customers. Steve built upon his knowledge of Japanese vehicles. This made repairs on American cars and trucks possible.
Steve feels that American vehicles have improved in quality. “Manufacturers are finally catering to the performance enthusiast.” “The 2015 Mustang GT even offers a line lock on a a factory car.” “How cool is that!” Domestic vehicle manufacturers must have learned about quality from it’s Asian competitors. Engines are more powerful and fuel efficient. Transmissions have more speeds. Creature comforts are more common. Brakes are better. Handling has improved. Ride quality is great. Road noises have decreased. Spirited driving has become fun again.
Unexpected break downs can often be prevented by practicing good maintenance. These are some suggestions:
- Transmission services and flushes.
- Engine Oil changes.
- Differential oil services.
- Coolant system flush.
- Brake fluid exchanges.
- Tire rotation.
- Fuel injector service.
- Battery testing and terminal cleaning.
- Air and air conditioning filter changes.
- Synthetic fluids used when possible.
- Exhaust system checks.
- O2 sensors.
- Shock absorber and strut inspection.
- Headlights tested for brightness.
- Tail lights and side markers are checked for proper operation.
Some of the domestic vehicles we enjoyed working on;
- 2011 Dodge Hemi Charger.
- 2011, 2013, 2014 Mustang GT.
- 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 UT Special.
- Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, 3500.
- Ford Explorer.
- Chevy Tahoe.
The list goes on. If you have any questions about what we can work on feel free to call us.
Import-domestic auto repair 281 858 1052